November 18- 20, 2016
Help us provide meals to those that struggle with hunger in our community this Thanksgiving. It’s as easy as driving by and dropping off donations while our spirited volunteers cheer you on and your favorite DJs broadcast live on the radio!
Mayflower Marathon is a 57 ½ hour continuous food and fund drive, with all proceeds providing meals to the food insecure this Thanksgiving. You can get involved by donating food or funds or volunteering at one of the locations.
Virginia Beach- Pembroke Mall near Target
Hours: Starting at 5:30am Friday, November 18th and running non-stop until 3:00pm Sunday.
Suffolk- First Team Kia & Subaru
Hours: Friday 5:30am-7:00pm, Saturday 8:00am-7:00pm, Sunday 8:00am-3:00pm
Get Involved Today!
How to Hold a Food and Fund Drive
- Sign up for a Food and Fund Drive by filling out our online form
- Download our Tool Kit – it’s full of useful information and step-by-step instructions on how to have a successful food drive.
- If you will have volunteers are the food drive who would like to track their hours, then download our Volunteer Community Service Hours form
- View the Shopping List of items that are most needed here at the Foodbank. Share this however you can!
- View our food drive supplies and read up on our pick-up policy to ensure food is collected in a way that is easily picked up or dropped off
- Promote your event with our posters, through social media and of course – word of mouth!
- Return collected items to the Foodbank or schedule a pickup! Food can be dropped off at our warehouse on 800 Tidewater Drive, Norfolk, VA 23504 between 8:00 am and 3:00pm Monday-Friday.
Hold an Online Food and Fund Drive
- The Online Food and Fund Drive gives you the opportunity to take advantage of the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore’s strong relationships with food industry partners and its cost-effective operations.
- In fact, using the Online Food and Fund Drive will turn a $10 donation into enough food for up to 30 complete, nutritious meals!
- Start a team, ask others to help, join a team or shop on your own.
- The Online Food and Fund Drive site allows to make monetary donations to the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, enabling the Foodbank to purchase needed items for those who struggle with hunger.
- Visit the Online Food and Fund Drive Site or contact us to request a customized Online Food and Fund Drive page for your organization!