April 17 – May 15, 2017
at all Walmart stores, neighborhood markets and supercenters.
The Walmart “Fight Hunger. Spark Change.” campaign is a national initiative with Feeding America that helps raise money for local food banks. So the funds raised in Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore will come directly to our Foodbank and help those struggling with hunger right here in our community. Last year, an unbelievable 260,000 meals were provided, all thanks to you. This year, we need your help to make sure we can provide just as many meals, or more, so no one goes hungry.
How can you support this year’s campaign?
- Purchase products from Campbell Soup Company, General Mills, Kellogg Company, the Kraft Heinz Company, and PepsiCo. For each product purchased, the supplier will donate one meal!
- Donate at the register. At the Foodbank, we can provide $60 of grocery products with a $10 donation!
- Help share the campaign via social media. For every online act of support, Walmart is donating the equivalent of 10 meals!
- Facebook – Create original content that uses #FightHunger; like, share and/or react positively to campaign content; click on Walmart-provided campaign content.
- Instagram – Create or share content using the campaign hashtag #FightHunger; like or share Walmart-generated campaign content.
- Twitter – Create original content that uses #FightHunger; like, share and/or make a campaign tweet a favorite; retweet a message featuring the campaign hashtag #FightHunger; click on Walmart-provided campaign content.
- Use a Discover Credit Card, and Discover will donate one meal for every transaction at a Walmart store.
Check out this “Reck on the Road” segment from the Hampton Roads Show, and learn how your help can make a big difference!
Find out more by visiting walmart.com/Hunger!