November 16, 2018 – November 18, 2018
This is a 57-hour consecutive food and fund drive that takes place the weekend before Thanksgiving each year. The goal of this event is to put food on the tables of those struggling with hunger in our community during a time of year that should be spent celebrating with loved ones, instead of worrying where their next meal will come from. Last year, we collected over 667,000 meals through food and monetary donations, but with 171,000 food-insecure individuals living in our community, we need to collect even more this year! Please consider joining us at Mayflower Marathon this year by donating food or funds, or by volunteering your time.
Pembroke Mall, Virginia Beach (near Target)
Friday 5:30a – Sunday 3:00p
First Team Kia and Subaru, Suffolk
Friday 5:30a – 7:00p | Saturday 8:00a – 7:00p | Sunday 8:00a – 3:00p
Get Involved Today!
How to Hold a Food and Fund Drive
- Sign up for a Food and Fund Drive by filling out our online form
- Download our Tool Kit – it’s full of useful information and step-by-step instructions on how to have a successful food drive.
- View the Shopping List of items that are most needed here at the Foodbank. Share this however you can!
- View our food drive supplies and read up on our pick-up policy to ensure food is collected in a way that is easily picked up or dropped off
- Promote your event with our posters, through social media and of course – word of mouth!
- Drop-off your food and funds at Mayflower Marathon, the Foodbank, or schedule a pick-up.
Hold an Online Food and Fund Drive
- The Online Food and Fund Drive gives you the opportunity to take advantage of the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore’s strong relationships with food industry partners and its cost-effective operations.
- In fact, using the Online Food and Fund Drive will turn a $10 donation into enough food for up to 30 complete, nutritious meals!
- Start a team or fund raise as an individual, and ask others to contribute .
- The Online Food and Fund Drive site allows you to make secure monetary donations directly to the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, enabling the Foodbank to purchase needed items for those who struggle with hunger.
- Visit the Online Food and Fund Drive Site or contact us to request a customized Online Food and Fund Drive page for your organization!
Online donation information for Mayflower Marathon will be available soon.