The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore announces the sponsorship of the At-Risk Afterschool Meals Program. The same meals will be available at no separate charge to all participants at each site.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877.8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632.9992.
Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
- Mail: S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
- Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Meals will be provided at these facilities:
- Enoch Family Life Center, 5685 Herbert Moore Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23462. For further information please contact Tanya Faulk at 757.552.0910.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia, Exmore/Eastern Shore Unit at Occohannock Elementary School, 4208 Seaside Road, Exmore, VA 23350. For further information please contact Kathy Custis at 757.678.5151, ext. 8141.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia, Franklin Unit at SP Morton Elementary School, 300 Morton Street, Franklin, VA 23851. For further information please contact Eric Taylor at 757.516.1014.
- Friendship Village, 1252 Carver Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451. For further information please contact Jasmine Carmon at 757.428.9325.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia, Suffolk Unit at John F. Kennedy Middle School, 2325 East Washington Street, Suffolk, VA 23434. For further information please contact LaMarr Coles, III at 757.652.4017.
- Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center, 1401 Ballentine Street, Norfolk, VA 23504. For further information please contact Teresa Jones at 757.622.5762.
- Anchor Club at Seatack Recreation Center, 141 South Birdneck Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23451. For further information please contact Laura Lawver at 757. 648.2320.
- Southside Boys & Girls Club, Berkley Unit, 701 Berkley Avenue Extension, Norfolk, VA 23523. For further information please contact Teree Miller at 757.545.3289.
- Southside Boys & Girls Club, Diggs Town Unit, 1401 Melon Street, Norfolk, VA 23523. For further information please contact Teree Miller at 757.383.6928.
- Visions of Truth CDC at Grove Church, 6006 Churchland Boulevard, Portsmouth, VA 23703. For further information please contact Margaret DePena at 757.967.9657.
For additional information you may also contact the Virginia Department of Education, Office of School Nutrition Programs by calling (804) 225-2082.