Food Drives help feed individuals in our community while raising awareness about the hunger epidemic!
Thank you for your interest in hosting or organizing a food and fund drive! These events are the first step to helping eliminate hunger in our community. There are several ways to organize a food and fund drive, so please see the resources and instructions below.
How to Hold a Food and Fund Drive
- Sign up for a Food and Fund Drive by filling out our online form.
- Download our Tool Kit – it’s full of useful information and step-by-step instructions on how to have a successful food drive.
- If you will have volunteers are the food drive who would like to track their hours, download our Volunteer Community Service Hours form
- View the Shopping List of items that are most needed here at the Foodbank. Share this however you can!
- View our food drive supplies and read up on our pick-up policy to ensure food is collected in a way that is easily picked up or dropped off.
- Promote your event with our posters, through social media and of course word of mouth!
- Return collected items to the Foodbank or schedule a pickup! Food can be dropped off at our warehouse on 800 Tidewater Drive, Norfolk, VA 23504 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday–Friday.
Hold an Online Food and Fund Drive
- The Online Food and Fund Drive gives you the opportunity to take advantage of the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore’s strong relationships with food industry partners and its cost-effective operations.
- In fact, using the Online Food and Fund Drive will turn a $10 donation into enough food for up to 30 complete, nutritious meals!
- Start a team, ask others to help, join a team or shop on your own.
- The Online Food and Fund Drive site allows individuals or groups to make monetary donations to the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, enabling the Foodbank to purchase needed items for those who struggle with hunger.
- Visit the Online Food and Fund Drive Site or contact us to request a customized Online Food and Fund Drive page for your organization!
Most Needed Items
These items are always needed at the Foodbank, and we encourage you to push your Food Drive participants to bring as many of these items as possible!
Lean Canned Protein
- peanut butter
Fruits and Vegetables
- canned fruits and vegetables
- pasta sauce
- 100% fruit juice
- fruit preserves
- dried fruit
- boxed meals
- canned pasta
- baby food
- Non-perishable food
- Non-breakable containers
- Low fat/low sodium/low sugar products preferred
- Nutritional labels MUST BE intact or we cannot distribute the donated food