We know how much you want to help and we want your efforts to benefit the most neighbors in need. The best way to provide nutritious meals for individuals in our community is to host a fund drive. Instead of collecting food items, you’ll collect financial donations that we can use to buy the food our neighbors need most, including fruits, vegetables and perishable items like meat and dairy. Because we’re able to procure food at wholesale or lower costs, the funds you raise go further than items collected during a traditional food drive. While we certainly accept non-perishable food and essentials, fund drives can provide more food and healthier items.
Let’s Get Started!
Why should you host a fund drive?
- You’re helping more people. We purchase food in bulk, so we’re able to purchase a well-balanced meal at a far lower cost.
- It increases efficiency! Not only does it save you time by avoiding a trip to the grocery store, but the Foodbank can focus more on feeding our neighbors in need. Every donated item (yes, every single one!) that comes to the Foodbank must be inspected for damage and dates, sorted into bins, inventoried and stored.
- Nutrition counts! Fresh fruits and vegetables improve health and well-being. You can’t donate a bag of apples to a traditional food drive, but you CAN donate money to buy apples.
- It’s quick and secure. Transactions can be completed in minutes, and donors will receive an automatic email receipt. Funds come directly to the Foodbank and are not sent to a third party.
- Fresh food must be purchased. Fund Drives allow the Foodbank to purchase the most needed items, like dairy, meat and produce.
- It increases participation. Donation links can be customized with your company or organization’s logo, and messaging and can be distributed electronically throughout your organization for 100% participation.
- It’s the greenest of all food drives. No transportation costs and emissions, boxes or waste!
- It’s fun, easy and super impactful! Plus, there won’t be boxes of cans in your lobby.
Every donation makes a difference. Thank you for your commitment to our mission – leading the effort to eliminate hunger in our community. We’re all in this together, and together, we will continue to solve hunger.
Questions? Contact Priscilla Weddle, MPA, Community Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com or 757-644-4432.