Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore — an independent, nonprofit 501(c)3 organization — meets the Better Business Bureau’s charity standards and is a proud member of Feeding America. See our most informative and commonly requested financial reports, documents, and information below.
Our Commitment to Donor Privacy
We will not sell, share, or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia, both online and offline, on any platform, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Online information collection and use
- Because this site accepts online donations, certain personally identifiable information is collected. The types of information we collect include names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers and credit card information.
- We may also collect other non-personally identifiable information about your computer such as the type of browser you are using or the domain name of your Internet Service Provider. The Foodbank is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information or any donor information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
How we use the information we collect
- The personally identifiable information collected by the Foodbank site is used to fulfill online donations. We may also use this information to send users further details about the Foodbank and its upcoming events, programs, and projects.
- Non-personally identifiable information may be used in aggregate form to analyze the usage of our site and improve site design and interface. This information that we collect will not be disclosed to third parties unless in response to a legal claim or law enforcement agency’s request.
- Cookies are small text files stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information. They enable us to provide a more seamless experience for our users. For example, by setting a cookie for our site, the user would not have to log in with a password more than once, thereby saving time while navigating our site. If a user rejects the cookie, there may be areas of our site that are restricted. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience of our site.
- This website contains links to other sites. The Foodbank is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. When we link to a new site, we will launch a new browser window.
E-mail and postal mail from the Foodbank
- Registered users are automatically subscribed to our e-mail and U.S. Postal mail newsletters that contain promotional information unless they opt-out during the registration process. Users can also unsubscribe or cancel reception of promotional information by contacting us in one of the following ways:
- This website has made commercially reasonable efforts to protect our users’ information with appropriate physical and electronic procedures to prevent unauthorized access both online and offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (such as volunteer coordinator) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- Users may provide feedback to the Foodbank by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any contact information entered when providing feedback will only be used to acknowledge or respond to that feedback.
Correcting or accessing personal information
- If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as e-mail address or ZIP code), or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user’s personal data provided to us. Personal information may be updated by contacting us in one of the following ways:
Notification of changes